Direct current (DC) is a much more direct and effective power source for IT products in comparison to AC, where massive energy losses occur during the process of transforming AC to DC in various steps and due to the long cables required. Therefore, STS-TECOM produces all five main server peripherals (power supplies, power distributions boards (PDBs) and power distribution units (PDUs) as well as and server boards and chassis) with DC interfaces as opposed to standard AC interfaces.
At STS-TECOM, we transform the power supply, PDB and PDU into a 3200W DC power bank with
We fully integrate the power banks into a cable-less structure which delivers DC current to down-stream.
- 4 x modules of 800W CRPS
- 2 x power distribution boards
- 2 x 4-channel PDUs
DC power bank functions and special features:
PDU: 4-channel now, or 8-channel in future, accuracy: +/- 2%. Optional: Environment monitoring
- Parallel / redundant, dual purpose, built-in
- Zero minimum load = zero energy loss at all status (idle, mid, full load)
- CRPS: Intel defined, industrial standard, 90%-plus efficiency. 12DCV output.
- Allows parallel / redundant support
- PDB: available jumper for selecting parallel or redundant function.
- Bridge for connecting CRPS and PDU.
- A clearly-defined industrial standard.
- Robotic connector to withstand high current ratings.
Server building is STS-TECOM’s core competence. STS-TECOM supplies servers to some of the biggest hosters and service providers in Europe. The space-saving, cost-efficient 1U2node servers, which were developed in close cooperation with Intel technicians in Germany, boast unbeatable pricing.
The 1U2node system series is built using Intel mini-ITX boards, allowing two servers to fit into 1U rack space side by side while operating completely independently. Besides the significant space-saving and with that the reduced cost for rack space, Sandy Bridge technology delivers first class energy-efficiency for dedicated hosting or light workloads on flexible platforms.
1U2node servers are designed to support a broad range of processors to match a large variety of price points and performance goals. They can be configured with any Intel processor from Celeron to Pentium or Intel Core right up to the Intel Xeon processor E3 family with anything up to 80 watts of TDP in LGA 1155 sockets.
Energy efficiency is key in data centers today. 1U2node systems consume only 18 – 20 watts in active/idle. The S5 mode can be activated to further reduce the consumption to 7 watts in idle with adequate wake-up time.
The STS-TECOM chassis have an extremely robust design and are designed to draw air from the front and expel it at the back. The airflow is conducted through thermal barriers. Power supplies as well as optional batteries are accessible without the servers having to be opened.
1U2node servers are available in three variants:
- 2x 3.5” HDDs, no battery, with Intel S1200KP server board
- 2x 3.5” HDDs, no battery, with Intel DQ77KB board with broader consumer CPU support
- 4x 2.5” HDDs plus two optional batteries, with the Intel DQ77KB board. The batteries keep the system running 30 – 40 minutes at power outage and can be replaced without the system being shut down.
News / Aktuell
STS-TECOM GmbH builds new office and production facilities in cross-border business park
STS-TECOM - Data Centers in Containers